Branch


branch-township-michiganMany of the villages in Lake County were influenced by the civil war, the logging of the great white pine forests, and immigrants from Europe looking to start a new life on the farm.

An unincorporated community of US 10, Branch got its name from the North Branch of the Pere Marquette River. Fishermen still flock here to try their luck on the world-famous fishing river. William F Barnett, a Civil War veteran, and his family settled here in 1873 to be close to the railroad. Today the village of Branch is a quiet stop with a post office, small motel, and eating establishment.

Copyright © 2017 Lake County Chamber of Commerce Michigan
Website Design by PDS Print and Digital Solutions